I became unemployed, and I run a small business. Should I declare my business activities, and will they affect my daily allowance?

Notify the TE Office of your business activities, and also notify the KOKO unemployment fund when you submit your first daily allowance application. The TE Office will issue a labour policy statement on your business activities. This will be binding upon the KOKO fund. If you are considered a full-time entrepreneur, you will not be entitled to daily allowance. However, if your business activities are considered a secondary occupation, there is no restriction on payment of daily allowance.

Your earnings-related daily allowance will be adjusted according to the income from your secondary business activities. If these activities have continued for an extended period of time, your income will be considered according to the most recent confirmed taxation decision. If your most recent confirmed taxation decision does not cover at least 6 months of secondary business activities, your income and expenses from your business activities will be estimated on the basis of your bookkeeping. If your enterprise is a limited liability company, you do not need to submit your bookkeeping but instead a report on the amounts paid out of the company to you as earned income.

For further information on business activities, see Instructions for entrepreneurs and Adjustment of income from business activities and own employment.