Work abroad

You may work abroad or search for a job in the EU area without losing your entitlement to unemployment security. This is not a comprehensive rule, however, so please read the instructions on working abroad and on membership of the KOKO fund on the website carefully before leaving for work abroad.

The shorthand term ‘EU area’ used here includes the EU, the EEA countries, and Switzerland.

Brexit and its impact on employment security

If you are planning leave for the UK in order to seek employment, please contact the Unemployment Fund. The planned withdrawal of the UK from the EU is likely to affect the unemployment benefits of job seekers. Read more