Earnings-related allowance application attachments

You must complement your allowance application with attachments that give specific information about your situation. The clarifications you provide to the TE Office are not available to the unemployment fund, as the TE Office only sends the labour market statement to the fund.

When you apply for an allowance via eService, a list of the attachments required for processing your application will be displayed at the end of your application. The list specifies the additional information needed on the basis of the information you have supplied in your application.

The attachments do not need to be originals; copies are also sufficient. You do not need to re-submit any attachments you have already sent to the fund, as we have them archived. If we find that we need information from you that we do not yet have when processing your application, the person handling your case will contact you.

Submit attachments specifying your situation with your application

End of employment
A notice of termination and/or an agreement on the termination of employment for employment that was valid until further notice. If you employment relationship was fixed-term, there is no separate termination notice.

Temporary layoff
A temporary layoff notice

Employment contract
If you have worked as a manager, send an executive employment contract. If your employment relationship has lasted for more than three years or if you are laid off, there is no need to send an employment contract. However, an executive employment contract is always required. If you work part-time, send an employment contract to the unemployment fund.

Pay certificate
We will receive the salary information from the Incomes Register. The information in the Incomes Register is not always sufficient. In that case, we will ask you for more details or a pay certificate drawn up by the employer in connection with processing your application. If you wish, you can send a pay certificate or payslips for the 26 calendar weeks (approx. 6 months) preceding unemployment in connection with the application.

Tax card
We recommend that you provide us with a revised tax card for benefits, so that we can withhold tax according to the percentage indicated on the card. If we use an income-tax card and the information received electronically directly from the Tax Administration, the tax rate is at least 25%. You do not need to send a tax card if you wish us to use the information received from the Tax Administration. Further information: taxation of earnings-related allowance.

Part-time work
If you work part-time, send an employment contract to the unemployment fund. We will receive the salary information from the Incomes Register. The information in the Incomes Register is not always sufficient. In that case, we will ask you for more details or a payslip. If you wish, you can send a payslip in connection with the application.

Entrepreneurship connections
If you are acting or have acted before unemployment as a managing director, board member or shareholder in the company, state your share of ownership of the company in the additional information section of the application. Please also include indirect ownership e.g. via another company.

If you have are engaged in business, professional or forestry or agricultural activities, send us the latest confirmed personal tax decision. If you have just started the activities and your tax decision does not cover the activities for a period of at least six months, send a monthly breakdown of your business income and expenses from the start of your business activities based on your accounting instead.

If you have a limited liability company, you must submit to the unemployment fund not the company’s accounts but details of how much you took out for yourself as earned income. The information must cover the part-time entrepreneurship activities from the beginning. Even if you have no income from the entrepreneurship activities, you must still report them to the KOKO fund and the TE Office.

Pensions and other benefits
If you are receiving a benefit, the latest benefit grant decision. You must also inform the fund if you apply for a benefit or any changes to it. This also applies to benefits you have paid yourself or you employer has arranged for you.

A certificate of study, such as degree or diploma certificate and an extract from a study register, if you were studying during employment that counts towards the employment condition or afterwards.

Working abroad
If you have been a posted worker abroad, send the decision confirming your status as a posted worker. If you have been hired and paid locally in a country in the EU area, provide the fund with an U1 form detailing your work from the local authorities.


See also the most frequently asked questions about the topic and answers to them:

See under Earnings-related allowance application attachments to see what you need to send us so that your application will be processed. When you submit your application through eService, you will be given a list of the attachments required, based on the information you have given. You can submit these attachments through eService.

If you do not have all the documents available when you submit your application, you can send them as attachments later. When we begin processing your application, the handler will contact you if any required information is missing.

After submitting the application, the system will automatically ask for attachments that are possibly needed for handling the application. You can add attachments to your application at this state of the application.

You can also send additional documents afterwords from the ”Attachments” tab of eService. On the Attachments tab, first click on the Send button, after which you can select and send the files you wish to send from your device.

Earnings-related allowance application attachments

The system will automatically ask for attachments that are potentially needed for handling your application. These requests can be unnecessary if attachments have already been sent beforehand. If you know that you have already sent the attachment to the unemployment fund, you can simply ignore the request.

We will retrieve your salary information from the Incomes Register. The information in the Incomes Register is not always sufficient, however. In such cases, we will ask you for more details or a pay certificate issued by your employer in order to process your application. You can also submit your pay certificate or payslips from the 26 weeks (about 6 months) prior to the beginning of your unemployment when sending your application.

The KOKO unemployment fund needs to see your employment contract to verify the terms and conditions of your employment. The original intended duration of employment, the working hours and the notice period observed are among the things that we check in the employment contract. The employment contract is also the only document that indicates whether your work constitutes an employment relationship.

However, if your employment relationship began 3 years ago or earlier, we generally do not need to see your employment contract. An exception to this is managing director contracts, which must always be submitted to us.

If you have agreed on your employment relationship verbally, you must submit a report drawn up by your employer concerning the essential terms and conditions of employment.

Earnings-related allowance is taxable income. We can use either your salary tax card or a revised tax card for a benefit, obtained separately by you.

Usually, the unemployment fund receives the information regarding your tax card directly from the tax authorities. In some cases, we may have to ask the customer to send us a tax card. If your earnings-related allowance is paid using a tax card for wages, the amount withheld is always at least 25%, even if the percentage on the tax card is lower than that.

As an allowance recipient, we recommend that you apply for a revised tax card for a benefit for the taxation of your earnings-related allowance. In this case, we will apply the tax rate indicated on the tax card. This will also allow you to determine the appropriate tax rate specifically for your earnings-related allowance. Remember to follow up your accumulated income especially at the end of the year to make sure that the income limit on the tax card is not exceeded.

When you order a revised tax card for social benefits in MyTax, the tax card will automatically be sent to the fund within two working days. You do not need to send it separately. When ordering the tax card, please choose the KOKO unemployment fund as the payer of the benefit.

Further information on taxation of earnings-related daily allowance.

Fixed-term employment relationships, by definition, expire on a date that is already known at the start of employment. Therefore no separate notice of termination is given, and you do not have to submit such a notice to KOKO.