Can I get a daily allowance from KOKO if I am a student or registered at an educational institution?

If you are a full-time student, the KOKO fund cannot pay you earnings-related daily allowance. This also applies to summer holidays. However, if studying is your secondary occupation, there is no restriction on payment of daily allowance. The TE Office will issue a statement as to whether your studies are full-time or not. Please contact the TE Office to obtain this statement.

If you are temporarily laid off and your lay-off started on 16 March 2020 or later, the TE Office will not examine the part-time or full-time nature of your studies. If the lay-off continues after 1 January 2021, the TE Office will investigate the matter and provide the fund with a binding decision on the full-time or part-time nature of your studies.

Please note that you cannot receive student financial aid or adult education allowance for the same period that you receive earnings-related unemployment allowance. If you receive these benefits, we recommend that you contact the party that pays them before applying for earnings-related unemployment allowance to avoid recovery.

For further information on studying, see Studying and services promoting employment.